Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our Strong Tower

Remember when you first came to know the Lord. The excitement, the vigor, the "I'll do anything for Him" period of your Christian walk? I do, but I've found that being on the "front lines" for the Lord gets a little tiring at times. It's after the continual bullets start flying that we start longing for peace, relaxation and a job in the "rear" somewhere where it's safe. It's not an overnight decision but one that is reached out of shear exhaustion. That's when we need to remember that He is our "strength and shield". He is our "strong tower"!

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart exults and with my song I shall thank him." Psalm 28:7

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

No comments:

Post a Comment