Friday, June 3, 2011

The 23rd Psalm

Psalm 23:1 says The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
 
The purpose of the 23rd Psalm is to show that God is our shepherd.  As such, we can trust Him to provide and care for us.  The words I shall not want according to Albert Barnes,
as applied to the psalmist, would embrace everything that could be a proper object of desire, whether temporal or spiritual; whether pertaining to the body or the soul; whether having reference to time or to eternity.

I found Seventeen Promises from Psalm 23 years ago.  I have no idea from where, but it has been a blessing to me and the source of many messages.

The Lord is my Shepherd = That's
Relationship!
I shall not want = That's Supply!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures = That's
Rest!
He leadeth me beside the still waters = That's
Refreshment!
He restoreth my soul = That's
Healing!
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness = That's
Guidance!
For His name sake = That's
Purpose!
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death = That's Testing!
I will fear no evil = That's
Protection!
For Thou art with me = That's
Faithfulness!
Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me = That's
Discipline!
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies = That's
Hope!
Thou annointest my head with oil = That's
Consecration!
My cup runneth over = That's
Abundance!
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life = That's
Blessing!
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord = That's
Security!
Forever = That's
Eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment