Friday, August 12, 2011

Sitting at Our Lord's Feet

The theme of our devotions this morning was Fight for Your Relationship with God.  Our relationship with God does not come automatically.  Like any relationship, it takes time and some effort on our part.  I’m reminded of the event in Luke 10:39-42 where it says that Martha had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said.  (40)  But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!  (41)  Martha, Martha, the Lord answered, you are worried and upset about many things, (42)  but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.  We, like Mary, need to make sure that we take the necessary time to sit at the feet of Jesus and not allow life to get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment